<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

FOLLOW EM HOME? 

Have you ever followed someone home that caused a scene to you on the road? I almost did today. Only about 3 blocks from home, I cruised over into the full lane cause there was a parked car on the right of the lane that I had to get around. Up comes a woman in a red car beeping her horn at me. As she goes by I crane around and since her window is down, yell "there's a parked car in the lane"!! Then I see she gets off at the next street. Since I know the roads there and I am so close to home I figure I'll just follow her and politely discuss the issue. She has to be going to a destination on a nearby street right? I'm a neighbor, I have every right to be there. Its not like I am stalking her for miles.

Anyway, she powers up the road to the next turn and makes a right. Where could she be going? I push hard to get there and make the turn but she is nowhere in sight. Ughh!! I even had thought out what I would say.

"Excuse me, I want to clear up any confusion we had back on Bridge St. There was a car parked along the right curb, so I took the full lane as the law allows me. I hope in the future that we don't have any more confusion about this" Then if she was amenable I could go into more details about biking, commuting, etc. But I never got the chance!

Comments to: franklenblog(at)fastmail(dot)fm


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet