<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

SLUG OF THE MORN 

Sometimes I cringe in the morning when I go to get on my bike. I am not a morning person.

Unfortunately my body/mind does not agree with what I think, because I wake up early mostdays, before my alarm goes off at 7 am, that early or eralier on the weekends. I glory in the saturdays or sundays when I actually sleep till 8, 9, or heavenly 10 am. Instead I have to go to bed early to get my sleep. Bed at 9 or 10 pm sucks. What all this does is make we want to be in bed in the morning, and getting on a bicycle to ride 5 miles is not mentally exciting. About halfway into the ride I perk up, only to realize that I am halfway to work, my work environment.

I have come to believe that it is not work that I dislike, because I am involved in what I do and am passionate about my field at times. And I am smart and I do a good job, so it is not an issue of the work itelf. But it is the "going" to work that I dread, and I don't know how to change that in me. So the bike riding may be a deterrant but it is not the root, even if I would be driving I would be experiencing the same feelings.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet