<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

ROAD TRIP? 

Nah, it probably won't happen anytime soon. I just don't have the desire to take a long bike trip for the fun of it, it would require an investment in planning and gear I am not ready to make, though I could probably get by with what I have, a rack and other sundries would make it easier. Anyway I was just thinking about it when I talked to my friend Tom (college roommate) lately. It was possible that I was going to New York (near Buffalo) for a wedding (though that fell through, my going, not the wedding), and along with a second person who's vehicle we would have been taking, and who would have been coming directly home. And I thought out loud, why not visit Tom (Elmira) and bike home? The car ride is like 4 hours, so like 240 miles. I guess that is easily doable for people who are used to it, but I am not. So if I pushed myself to do 40 miles a day it would still take 6 days, bah. Well, I'm just thinking out loud like I said, Tom, we'll visit one way or the other sometime soon.

My beet (from my garden as I am trying to come up with ways to eat them besides baked in the oven) and potato cream soup wasn't all I hoped it would turn out to be. Kinda just like beet tasting puree, but so made me want borscht when I smelled the mingling scents during the cooking. Reminded me of the Valentine's Day Vegetarian Dinners at the Macoskey Center when I lived in Slippery Rock, and borscht was on the menu two years running (thanks Galina and Valentine for that). I have to find a recipe.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet