<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

CUSTOM FRONT FENDER 

Well, not too custom, but I did have to make some adjustments to get the Planet Bike front clip-on fender to work with my bike. I mentioned the odd bolt situation two posts ago, and I took care of that by getting one that fit. The other issue was that the fender extended too far out in the front, and was being restricted from moving far enough forward over the wheel for me to make the connections for the hook-up. This is because the brake set-up of the front fork is set-up for the suspension fork on this bike (not something I chose to have, just something that came with, I can only foresee issues in the future, more moving parts, more to deal with!). So I was forced to hacksaw away about 3 inches of the front of the fender so it would fit. No biggy, I don't think it will affect the performance, and if I ever want to (for a different bike for example), I can always reattach the hacked off piece to re-extend the front of the fender. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so we'll give it a test right off the bat.

Recipe Bonus

Since I raved about the spring rolls, here is the simple process for making them.

For one package of roll wrappers (about 15 total), saute one pound tofu in 3 tablespoons sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce, add 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar just before pulling tofu off the heat. While sauteeing, shred 1 large cabbage, and 2 large carrots. Remove tofu from pan and sautee cabbage and carrots until faintly cooked (or to your preferenace). Mix everything together in large bowl and season to your preferance with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, etc. Place a good amount on wrapper and roll-up front side over filling, then sides, then wet top and continue rolling closed. Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown in peanut oil (or substitute general veg oil), and serve with duck sauce, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, or your favorite sauce. As a side, I recommend a helping of buckwheat noodles cooked and then sauteed with soy sauce, chili paste, and the remainder of the filling that you couldn't get into the wrappers. Enjoy.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet