<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Monday, November 24, 2003

EL-300 ON BOARD 

With my new Cateye EL-300 on board, I headed out into the clouded, sprinkling, night sky after work. The first thing I noticed with the lack of my headlamp is my inability to direct light wherever I chose. Like a quick glance at my shifter to see what gear I'm in, or my watch for the time, or the drivers face to get thier attention. The second thing I noticed is that the light did throw a noticable beam onto the ground, even in some lit areas. Though it never advanced to the amount of a beam that it would be able to improve how I could see the road, which is never bad in my urban route. The last thing I though about was how wide of an area the bright beam is able to catch other drivers attention? If I have the beam pointed at the roadway, how much effectiveness am I losing at using the light for noticability by drivers, as opposed to directing it more upward to shine straight at oncoming vehicles?

I guess time will tell, but I think if I ever get another light, it would be small and helmet mounted, maybe I'll just keep using one of my headlamps for this purpose now.



Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet