<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Thursday, November 27, 2003

THANKS 

I am thankful for the abundance of life, and how things come to us so easily in this country, for my gardens homegrown bounty, for the two bicycles I now own which came to me for free as hand-me-downs (check your local yard sales and thrift stores for good used bikes too). But I hope and pray that people do not let this abundance and reliance on "stuff" define their lives and happiness.

I am thankful for spending the holiday with friends and family who support my bicycle commuting, vegetarianism, and other "alternative" choices, though they may not always understand it, yet.

I am thankful for everyone who reads my blog posts, for the support it provides, and for the encouragement it gives me to keep riding and posting.

And finally, I am thankful I don't have to work the day after Thanksgiving. No bike ride today, but I'll be sure to take a nice long walk after dinner. Have a great holiday, and I'll be back next week. Peace.

The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway ~
Thanksgiving comes again!

- Old Rhyme Author Unknown



Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet