<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

OVERDRESSED FOR XMAS 

Today was warm, really, like 56 degrees for the high. So it looks like it won't be a white xmas this year, but just a wet and rainy one. I sweat my rear off on the bike home, and since its only a little over 4 miles, I didn't want to stop to take off layers, but I did simply push up the sleeves of my windbreaker and polypro underneath, and took off my gloves. Next time I'll check the temp before I leave the office.

Now I'm not complaining. I am defenitely more of a fair-weather fan, though I like the drama and challenges that the snow and winter present. Especially in the backcountry when I go backpacking or some other such activity in this weather. Am planning just such a trip this year for the Laurel Highlands Trail in Laurel Ridge SP, more of a camping trip actually, though using the backcountry shelters, I don't think we will do as much hiking in as we will hanging by the fire and hoping to watch the snow fall all around us, but thats a month or two down the road.

In the meantime, I don't know what it is, could it be the fluctuating temperatures, that are making my bike components fall apart? The pedals on my Giant have lost two screws/bolts in one side that holds the central part of the pedal to the frame of the pedal. And although not an issue yet, I need to add a few connectors there before the whole thing falls off. I just get so lazy about it when I have to do it out on my cold and windy front porch in the dark of the one front light and my headlamp.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet