<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Monday, December 29, 2003

SPOILED BY GENTLE MOTHER NATURE 

Please, I can't take the suspense any longer. I know we have already had two big snows in December, but this last whole week of dry, warm temps is too much to ask for. I am getting very used to it, and I know that January and February are still to come. I almost am wishing that it would just stay cold until spring arrives. Today was like a spring day for sure, I walked outside in a t-shirt, without a jacket or anything.

So I would need my Alien today, when I hadn't thrown it into my pack yet. Nothing major though. Its just that when I was adjusting my seat post yesterday, I took off the bracket for my rear blinkie, and then I replaced it, but did so with it pointing downward further than it should have been. When I clicked the blinkie onto the bracket for the ride home tonight, I noticed that it was pointing downward, and the LED's are most effective when pointing towards thier target. So a phillip's head would have solved the problem in 2 seconds flat, but I was without, and chose to head home as is, instead of headiong back up to the office to grab one out of the toolkit there.

Just to pass along a car incident for all our enjoyment. I was heading home and in the right-hand lane of a two-lane in each direction. There was a nice shoulder that I would have been in except that there were numerous cars parked along it. And I just now realized that they probably shouldn't have been there. But a car came up behind me and honked, not laying it on or anything, but any honk gets up a cyclists ire when it is uncalled for. I simply waited until we passed the next shoulder-parked car and I emphatically gestured towards the parked car to let my trailer know that I wasn't capable of riding over, under, or through said cars. The car following me never peeped again, and patiently waited until their turnoff only a few more hundred feet ahead.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet