<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Thursday, January 08, 2004

MICROCOSM PUBLISHING 

Awesome, I got my package from Microcosm Publishing today who specialize in zine distribution, stickers and buttons, and it rocks. I ordered a few stickers from them for my bike. I got an "I (Heart) Tofu" stiker, two "Bikes are traffic, not targets" stickers that have a cool looking bike graphic, and a "BIKES NOT BOMBS" sticker. I wish I had my dig camera ready to roll, maybe this weekend I'll get it out and setup the software, then show my sticks.

I also got two zines from them. One is the "arts and crafts revolution" that I ordered thinking of Sue (who by the way signed my guestbook today, you rock Sue, and by the way if you haven't signed or noticed the link to my guestbook in the right column, just click here). The other is the "Stolen Sharpie Revolution" which is a DIY about making and distributing your own zines.

For those who don't know the short definition of a zine (from the Stolen Sharpie Revolution) is "(pronounced like magazine without the maga) A zine is an independently created publication containing anything you want it to...put together by one person or a group of people and they are usually photocopied but can also be printed offset, letter presses or mimeographed". They have lots of great stuff on every topic out there, so support independant DIY publishing by reading zines.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet