<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

SENSING THE CHANGES 

Change was in the air today. The temp this morning started off at a balmy 39f when I got into work, after a frigid weekend. Yet it was almost frigid once again for the ride home, at least colder than I expected by the end of the day, since I didn't bring my fleece vest, or warmer gloves along. But I wont make that choice tomorrow, cause it is going back into the 20's for a high. Cold, cold January.

I also changed back to my Diamondback today after I picked up a new crank arm bolt from my LBS. It was $1.59 with tax, but well worth it considering I had no other source for this part. Though perhaps I could have found it at one of the larger hardwares, I have yet to make it to one recently. I did not have a torque wrench however to make sure I tightened enough without overtightening, which can be a concern for this repair (see crank arm repair help). The larger frame that actually fits my body, made my limbs feel so much longer and stronger too.

I also was noticing some changes in my body for the first time in a while. Its been some time since I felt any soreness from riding, that occurred mostly in the first week or so of my commuting, and I have been fine ever since. But this weekend, I was fortunate enough to go crosscountry skiing. I got out for an hour in the morning and another 30 min in the afternoon. It may not seem like alot, but x-country skiing is quite a workout in any case. And in my case, a very inexperienced skiier, every movement was twice as strenuous as I was grappling with the techniques. So I woke up sore the last two days and it felt great. Reminds me of the joys of using our bodies on a more regular basis, and getting outside more.

Commute song of the day: "Righteously" by Lucinda Williams


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet