<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

WEAR A HELMET 

I've always been a helmet advocate. I figure why not? If there is a chance it will help prevent an excessive injury, then I'm all for it, especially when my head is involved. Heck I cry when I hit my head on the point of the top pantry cabinet that I forgot to close when I was getting out my baking items for bread or such. I guess the safety issue is built in, I know I wore my seatbelt from day one when I was learning to drive. I mean it all just doesn't make sense, commonly, logically, or emotionally in my mind, not to be safe in these ways.



I picked this little laminated handout up at the PA Farm Show in the exhibit hall, and didn't know what to do with it when I got home, So I thought I'd share it with you. The text reads:

BIKE SMART FROM THE START...WEAR A HELMET!
How to properly fit a helmet
A. Fit the helmet low and level on the forehead.
B. Tighten the chinstrap, with the V of the side straps meeting just below the ear.
C. Adjust the pads inside so it feels snug, secure, and comfortable.


Courtesy of the SAFE KIDS Coalition


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet