<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

CARTRIDGE BOTTOM BRACKET 

A trip after work yesterday to my local LBS notified me that my Diamondback has a cartridge style bottom bracket. So on one hand I won't have to deal with a full bottom bracket overhaul which would probably take me an hour plus and require numerous new tools, on the other hand I probably will have to replace the cartridge and thus lose the opportunity to benefit from maintaining what I currently have. I won't know this for sure until I get into removing the bracket, or at least trying to tighten it first now that I have the right tool to do so. I picked up a Pyramid Pro brand cartridge BB tool that fits Shimano and Isis. I hadn't heard of this tool brand before though, but it was what the LBS had in stock, so does anyone know anything about Pyramid Pro?

Today the weather was a full 180 from yesterday, a late winter snowstorm that dumped 3-4 inches of wet snow rain mix on us and made the roads rough for everyone. I drove for sure out of concern for safety as I didn't see one municipal worker or homeowner or business owner cleaning off the roads or sidewalks, I guess everyone just figured it was a quick blow through that would be gone by tomorrow (as it probably will all melt away as the temps are expected to rise again in the next 24 hours).


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet