<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Monday, March 01, 2004

KEYSTONE BIKING 

Keystone Biking bills itself as the "on-line forum for Pennsylvania bicyclists", and although a great goal, its not quite their yet. Available forums, reader submitted stories and articles, video clips from state biking events, and a neat bike geeks section that provides hi-tech resources for bikers, are all full of promise, but need your participation as PA cyclists to flourish. Conspicuously absent is any focus on commuting, though there are a few advocacy articles of a different focus worth checking out. Also welcome would be a commuting/advocacy forum in the forums area. Hey PA cycylists, drop in and check out the site, and give your support for more commuting attention.

I switched in my new crank arm last night, no problem really, but I didn't have a socket with an 8mm hex head so that I could use my new torque wrench for proper tightening. I had an allen key with an 8mm end, but that wouldn't do. So it was a quick trip to Sears to pick up the socket, and then I finished up under the porch light, which was so possible because the temps got up to near 60 yesterday! So I went out for a test ride, and lo, the cranks were louder than they have ever been. I don't think it is the bottom bracket based on what I read, but that there must be some other loose item down there somewhere. I hope to take a look soon. But I am still off the bike due to my shoulder still not back to 100%. I am going to give it the rest of the week with no stressting to determine if I really need to re-visit the Doc or not.

Song of the day: "Farmhouse" by Phish


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet