<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Monday, April 19, 2004

CHAIN AND PAPER 

I finally broke down today and bought a new chain, a Z-Chain brand, if that tells you anything. I tried and tried, I really did to save the old chain, though it was my faulty that it succumbed to the winter elements, but I couldn't get out some super tight links and it was in such dirty shape in general, that as soon as I put the new chain on, I noticed a 100% world of change. Shifting problems were not as big, the drive was quieter, and no chain jumping going on. I guess sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. The chain did come lubed up with a wet lube, and I think I like that better than the dry lube I had bought and was trying, though maybe thats just because of the change in chains.

I can now report that the paper zine version of bcn is available and is being distributed locally this week. It is basically a compilation of posts from this blog from January and February, as I've described before, but it is meant to advocate for bicycle commuting to a larger local audience. Hopefully in the spirit of zines, it will get passed around and recopied and shared, cause I could only afford to print up 100 copies at this time. If you would like to receive a copy to share with anyone just visit the link top-left column and you'll get set up. Today copies were left at Holmes' Bike shop, where I picked up my chain, and at the Cornerstone Coffeehouse in Camp Hill, just down the block from Holmes'. More stops on the way home tomorrow. 13 locations in all, 7 copies at each location, with a few in reserve for whatever pops up.



Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet