<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

TWO STEPS BACK 

It almost seems as if all the work I have done over the last year trying to advocate for bicycle commuting, and trying to educate the few I may have been able to reach, has been useless, as continuously on a day-to-day basis I am outnumbered by bicyclists who are flagrantly disregarding the rules of the road. I can't overcome these bad examples it seems, and I have to face the numerous car operaters daily who think I should be on the sidewalk, who have animosity towards me because of the rudeness of numerous bicyclists on the roadway, and who don't understand how they should act towards me because of the overpowering number of bad examples they see constantly.

Today, I was sitting at a crosswalk preparing to cross to the sidewalk opposite which parallels a twisting backed-up section of shoulderless roadway I use during rush hour, when up from the side of me out of nowhere appears a bicyclist who: 1) obviously moved past the long line of stopped cars by passing on the right on a shoulderless bridge, thus causing safety issues for himself and the car operaters who aren't expecting anything on thier right in this situation; and then 2) he proceeds to cross the intersection right through a red light, with total disregard for the road rules. Somebody help me here please!


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet