<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Sunday, May 02, 2004

SUNDAY NIGHT MECHANICAL PUZZLER 

Posted this at Bike Forums tonight, thought I'd cross-post here to see if anyone has any help.

"Front Derailleaur and Chainrings out-of-line After BB Replacement"

"So after I took all the time to learn how, and to replace my cartridge bottom bracket, I hop back on this week to regain my commute, and I start to hear a slight click on each downward left side pedal. It contined the same for the next day and when I" tried to discover the issue by simulating a pedaling on my porch I couldn't hear the sound. On closer inspection, I notice that my chain is slightly rubbing up against the derailleur cage at a certain cycle where my chainring has a slight bend to it. I can't adjust the derailleur in any further because the screw is at its limit.

Am I stuck at having to get new chainrings, or a new front derailleur, or is it the bottom bracket (a wrong fit)? Any help is appreciated, thanks
."

Song of the Day: "King of All the World" by the Old 97's


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet