<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lost my Cool, then Got it Back 

Have you ever experienced that feeling when you know someone or something has just come up behind you, its usually when that someone or something is quite bigger than you. It made me think of scenes from Sci-fi movies when your in the theater and the heroes in the small ship start to feel this deep low rumble and the massive enemy ship comes up behind them. you just know its there and you didn't expect it to be, and maybe wish it wasn't there.

Well today I was at a stoplight, center of the right hand lane, and a car squeezes by me on the right. Boy was I pissed, and I knew it was coming, I could feel its presence moving up on me before I even saw it there. As it passed I reached out and slapped its side , I mean really , it didn't hit me but it had no right getting so close. The driver stopped rolled down the window and yelled how she saw me and was able to pass me, but I let her know she only squeezed by a hair past me.

I mean, I don't have to take that. I have already been hit once and toppled to the pavement during my cycling life when a car tried to pass me on the right in a single lane by partially crossing over the double yellow lines and then had to get back over into my lane and squeezed me on the left, hitting my handlebars and sending my flying. This time I was stationary, but I'm not taking that . No passing me on the right, no squeezing by with your multi-ton metal crate, and no invading my space, and I let em know this time.

I'll take some blame, maybe I was too much center lane, and should have been more just right of center, but they still don't get a free pass for such a close cut. Later I checked out the zen meditation session on campus at Hendrick's Chapel and got my cool back, for now.

Song of the Day: Listen, the Snow is Falling by Galaxie 500


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet