<$BlogRSDUrl$>

CURRENT POSTING STATUS weekly monthly irregular none occasionally 1-3 3-5 5-7 weekdays only weekends only anyday

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Phones 

In addition to the ever ubiquitous ipod, I should also mention the ever present cell phone on the ear of pedestrian as they are crossing the road. Same issues as with the ipod listener last post. I really shouldn't have cleaned my rims this morning because during my procrastination of the past few weeks, my squeaky brakes have been the simplest warding-off pedestrians device I had. Saved my voice, no need to carry a whistle or horn, just squeeze those brakes and whoever is in front of you on a cell phone, won't be able to ignore that loud squeal. The girl last night literally jumped in the air and stared at me like a deer caught in the headlights, which she was as it was after dark and I had my lights on. I didn't have to say a word to her, my bike did all the talking.

As far as phones go, I don't have a cell, and what a bitch society can make it sometimes. All I wanted to do from Baker Hall last night was call home and let Sue know I was going to be over an hour late because of this intensely long and drawn out GIS project assignment. No luck. Couldn't call out on the house phones, didn't have a cell phone, and no pay phones in site. Maybe I just didn't know how to get an outside line on the campus phones, but the IT guy I asked said I couldn't do it, and they didn't work to get an outside line like the phone in my office space does either. Shouldn't it be a safety issue of some kind that phone access to off campus is available without having to own a cell phone? I'll have to see if I can find anything else out about this issue I have.


Comments: Post a Comment
Google
WWW bicyclecommutingnow

Remember to use your browser's find command (in the edit menu) to locate the search term on the page once you get to the proper archive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.comFree Guestbook from Bravenet

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet